Monday, July 9, 2012

Mon July 9

Today was a pretty fun day, except for the fact that it was school again do I had to get up at 6:15...

Anyway, today in the morning we had a 2 hour speech/lecture about the Battle of Okinawa, WW2, peace, etc. I am sure it would have been very intriguing, except I did not understand a word of it! Anyway, after that we had a Biology class and then lunch, where I brought out my TJ's banana chips and shared them with everyone--they were a big hit! After lunch, we had out Home Economics class, in which we cooked some sort of chicken dish and a soup w/ fish. I helped out with the salad, cutting the veggies, beating the eggs, and washing the dishes. It was quite fun -- when it was time to eat I just had rice, salad, and a very yummy barley tea.

After that we had a Math class and then school was over. After school, I went to the supermarket and Hundred Yen stores, the nearby ones, and to my surprise did not find any nail cutters with a special pocket to collect the nails! But I will keep looking.

Then I went to Kumon for an hour and did a lot of Kanji Practice.

I think that is all, goodnight! BTW I showed the kids the handout of 37 rude ways to use your chopsticks we got at the YFU orientation, and they were shocked because no one followed most! Anyway, goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Amalendu,

    Ask Okasan or Otousan about the special nail cutter - they may know where this item is available-Dada

    ReplyDelete